FOOD WASTE ORGANICS
If your business generates large volumes of organic food waste there are various sustainable options for disposal:
Scrap metal includes aluminium, brass, copper, stainless steel, cast iron, lead, zinc and nickel. Recycling scrap metal contributes to a significant saving in greenhouse gas emissions. Making items from recycled aluminium uses just 5% of the energy as making the same item from raw materials. . https://www.sydneycopperrecycling.com.au/services/scrap-metal-collection/, or scrunch the foil into large balls and place them in your yellow-lidded recycling bin from Council. The balls need to be at least the size of a tennis ball, to be able to be separated properly at the recycling facilities. A Small amount of product on the foil is acceptable as the metal will be shredded and cleaned before recycling.
- Planet Ark: Recycling metal
- North Shore Metal Recyclers – You can recycle all of your aluminium foil, and even get paid for it. will purchase aluminium to be shredded and cleaned before recycling.
THE CIRCULAR ECONOMY AND RESOURCE RECOVERY
Every business generates waste. As businesses pay to have their waste disposed of, it makes sense to reduce the total waste produced by avoiding or maximising any residual value it can add to the business to reduce disposal bills. Waste discarded straight into landfill is a waste of resource. In a circular economy, nearly everything has a value and a residual use. It may not be to you, but to someone else, it may be a valuable resource. In reducing waste this way the benefits to your business increase:
- reduce costs and find efficiences
- reduce the environmental impact of your business
- improve your business reputation among your staff, customers and other stakeholders