Corporate volunteering provides your company with the opportunity to develop staff skills, build teams and bolster your reputation within your local community.
PARTNERSHIPS WITH CHARITIES AND NFP’s
Forming a partnership with a charity, not for profit or community group is a great way to build up your community engagement in a more visible way for your staff, customers and other stakeholders to know how your business is supporting good causes and being a better business.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Any business can develop a Corporate Social Responsibility policy or framework to integrate social and environmental goals into company commitments that can be measured and reported against for stakeholders- shareholders, staff or customers. It may cover aspects such as ethical procurement, ethics in conducting business as well as environmental and social goals and objectives.
LOCAL BUSINESS NETWORKS
By joining your local business chamber or network, you are adding to the local business community as well as broadening the reach of your own business. Meeting other local business owners in your area will give you a supportive network that could end up meaning new business as well as contributing to your own personal and business growth.
USEFUL LINKS AND RESOURCES
- Our Community Calendar – national calendar of charitable and Not For Profit days and events
- Goodcompany, Australia’s leading skilled volunteer matching portal, creating the nation’s first and only dedicated one-stop shop for charitable giving.
- Corporate Volunteering with Volunteering Australia
- Bushcare Volunteering
- Business Australia – Formerly known as the NSW Business Chamber, now a free to join organisation providing free advice to businesses of all sizes, from the smallest start-up to the largest corporation.
- Find your local Business Chamber with chamber locator
- North Sydney Council – Business and Economic Development NSC Business Resources
- Ku-ring-gai Council – Business Support
- Willoughby Council – Grant Finder
- Give now – crowd funding and fund raising platform for charities and NFP
- Guide to Corporate Volunteering for Small Medium Businesses