Business Support – Ku-ring-gai Council
Ku-ring-gai Council is the current host council of the Better Business Partnership. All rebates, offers and programs specific to Ku-ring-gai Council and available to businesses operating within Ku-ring-gai are here.
Better Business Rebates for Solar, Energy and Water Efficiency
Solar PV and EV Charging
- Up to $1000 for solar PV systems sized between 5kW and 10kW.
- Up to $2000 for solar PV systems above 10kW.
- 50% cost up to $2000 towards installation of shared electric car charging station
Up to 50% rebate, capped at $2000 for energy efficiency installations including:
- lighting upgrades;
- occupancy sensors and timers;
- equipment upgrades such as air conditioning, refrigeration, pumps and motors to more efficient models
Energy Level 2 Audits
Up to $2000 in 2 stages :
- Stage 1 – up to 50% audit cost, capped at $1000, paid on completion of audit and report received by Council.
- Stage 2 – up to 50% of the L2 audit cost, capped at $1000, paid on completion of agreed recommendations
- Business must have a current ABN registration
- Business premises must be located within the Ku-ring-gai Local Government Area;
- Business must have current BBP accreditation
- For Level 2 Energy Audits, business must use more than 40MWh/per year in electricity or >$12,000 per year
- Home based businesses are not eligible for this BBP rebate (home based businesses are eligible for the community EnergySmart and WaterSmart rebates)
- The BBP rebates cannot be used in conjunction with any other rebates or grants
- Businesses can claim one of each eligible rebate
- The business is to consent to Ku-ring-gai Council obtaining electricity data from Ausgrid
- The business must provide BBP/Ku-ring-gai Council with 12 months of energy bill data prior to and post equipment installation.
Ku-ring-gai BBP Energy Rebates
Subway Lindfield –
Project: Lighting Upgrade
Replaced halogen lights with LED’s throughout the Subway Lindfield store and in its external sign lights to reduce electricity consumption and carbon emissions.
Project Cost: $2,700
Project savings: 1200kWh/yr and 1.2T CO2e
Rebate amount:: $1,353
Payback reduced from 6.3yrs to 3.1yrs by claiming the rebate
Sudu Hair Roseville – BBP Rebate Case Study
Project: Window Tinting
Installed window tinting on the external windows of the salon to reduce air conditioning use, electricity consumption and carbon emissions.
Project Cost: $2,000
Project savings: 530kWh/yr and 0.5T CO2e
Rebate amount:: $1,000
Payback reduced from 10.5yrs to 5.3yrs by claiming the rebate
West Pymble Bicentennial Club – BBP Rebate Case Study
Project: Lighting Upgrade
Replaced halogen lights with LED’s throughout the club to reduce electricity consumption and carbon emissions.
Project Cost: $5,500
Project savings: 5400kWh/yr and 5.4T CO2e
Rebate amount:: $2,000
Payback reduced from 3.4yrs to 2.1yrs by claiming the rebate