Business Support – Ku-ring-gai Council
Ku-ring-gai Council is the current host council of the Better Business Partnership. All rebates, offers and programs specific to Ku-ring-gai Council and available to businesses operating within Ku-ring-gai are here.
Program Manager Ku-ring-gai David Sivyer
David Sivyer is the Business Sustainability Officer for Ku-ring-gai and he is responsible for providing support to our businesses for the Better Business Partnership and Net Zero programs on behalf of Ku-ring-gai Council. David has extensive experience in business sustainability, having worked in the hospitality industry prior to starting his own entrepreneurial business in Newcastle Feedback Organic Recovery. This initiative is a now a social enterprise Not For Profit organisation focused on organic food waste recovery into compost and then returned to the soil in active food production and we are fortunate to have David on the team!
David can be contacted by email at DSivyer@krg.nsw.gov.au or telephone on (02) 9424 0126.
Better Business Rebates for Solar, Energy and Water Efficiency
Solar PV and EV Charging
- Up to $1000 for solar PV systems sized between 5kW and 10kW.
- Up to $2000 for solar PV systems above 10kW.
- 50% cost up to $2000 towards installation of shared electric car charging station
Up to 50% rebate, capped at $2000 for energy efficiency installations including:
- lighting upgrades;
- occupancy sensors and timers;
- equipment upgrades such as air conditioning, refrigeration, pumps and motors to more efficient models
Energy Level 2 Audits
Up to $2000 in 2 stages :
- Stage 1 – up to 50% audit cost, capped at $1000, paid on completion of audit and report received by Council.
- Stage 2 – up to 50% of the L2 audit cost, capped at $1000, paid on completion of agreed recommendations
- Business must have a current ABN registration
- Business premises must be located within the Ku-ring-gai Local Government Area;
- Business must have current BBP accreditation
- For Level 2 Energy Audits, business must use more than 40MWh/per year in electricity or >$12,000 per year
- Home based businesses are not eligible for this BBP rebate (home based businesses are eligible for the community EnergySmart and WaterSmart rebates)
- The BBP rebates cannot be used in conjunction with any other rebates or grants
- Businesses can claim one of each eligible rebate
- The business is to consent to Ku-ring-gai Council obtaining electricity data from Ausgrid
- The business must provide BBP/Ku-ring-gai Council with 12 months of energy bill data prior to and post equipment installation.
Ku-ring-gai BBP Energy Rebates
Subway Lindfield –
Project: Lighting Upgrade
Replaced halogen lights with LED’s throughout the Subway Lindfield store and in its external sign lights to reduce electricity consumption and carbon emissions.
Project Cost: $2,700
Project savings: 1200kWh/yr and 1.2T CO2e
Rebate amount:: $1,353
Payback reduced from 6.3yrs to 3.1yrs by claiming the rebate
Sudu Hair Roseville – BBP Rebate Case Study
Project: Window Tinting
Installed window tinting on the external windows of the salon to reduce air conditioning use, electricity consumption and carbon emissions.
Project Cost: $2,000
Project savings: 530kWh/yr and 0.5T CO2e
Rebate amount:: $1,000
Payback reduced from 10.5yrs to 5.3yrs by claiming the rebate
West Pymble Bicentennial Club – BBP Rebate Case Study
Project: Lighting Upgrade
Replaced halogen lights with LED’s throughout the club to reduce electricity consumption and carbon emissions.
Project Cost: $5,500
Project savings: 5400kWh/yr and 5.4T CO2e
Rebate amount:: $2,000
Payback reduced from 3.4yrs to 2.1yrs by claiming the rebate