Ku-ring-gai Council is expanding its support for local businesses who are championing sustainability in their work practices. Better Business Partnership Program members can take advantage of rebates to install energy and water efficiency measures and solar PV. There are three rebates available.
Up to 50% rebate, capped at $2000 for energy efficiency projects at a site. Eligible installations include:
- lighting upgrades;
- occupancy sensors and timers;
- equipment upgrades such as air conditioning, refrigeration, pumps and motors to more efficient models.
Projects must show electricity savings in replacing old equipment with new, more efficient equipment.
- Up to $1000 for solar PV systems sized between 5kW and 10kW.
- Up to $2000 for solar PV systems above 10kW.
* Batteries must be paired with the new solar PV system.
Up to $1000 under Ku-ring-gai Council’s Water Smart rebate program.
This includes water efficiency measures such as permeable surfaces, green roofs, rain gardens and rainwater tanks. Businesses must be:
- registered, with an ABN;
- located within the Ku-ring-gai LGA;
- a Better Business Partnership member.
Home-based businesses are not eligible for this BBP rebate (they are eligible for the community EnergySmart and WaterSmart rebates).
The BBP rebates cannot be used in conjunction with any other rebates or grants.
If you are interested in taking advantage of any of these rebates or want to know more, contact BBP Program Manager for Ku-ring-gai Min Freedman.